Tuesday 22 October 2013

Tell All Tuesday ~ Featured Artist: Maedhbh Spain

Hi guys, it's tuesday again so that means I've a new artist to share with you today...and though I feel like a judge on X Factor when I say 'I can't believe she's only twelve years old' it's true she is - talent knows no age limits, nor does following your heart =)

Tell us a little bit about yourself & what kind of artist you are.
Hi! My name is Maedhbh. I am twelve years old and I am in a family of four. I do mixed media art and sometimes I art journal. I also do things like DIY's and I like to use recycled materials.


What is the biggest challenge you personally face as an artist and how do you overcome it?
The biggest challenge is probably where I live and the small amount of supplies available, compared to America where you might have more supplies available. It is also hard because materials are quite expensive so I have to save up for a long time to afford certain ones.


What do you love most / least enjoyable about your art?
My favourite part of art is probably making things that turn out just right. When you make something that turns out just right you feel great! I don't like when you use a lot of materials and a lot of time and then your project doesn't turn out looking so great!!


Do you ever lose your mojo, and if so, how do you get it back?
If I ever lose my mojo I stop doing art for a few days and look at Youtube tutorials and read blogs for inspiration. Then I go back and try some of the things I saw. This usually helps me.


Tell us where can we find out more about you & your art?
You can find out more about me and my art on my blog.
I am also on Youtube as Maedhbh Spain.

That you for sharing Maedhbh, I'm so impressed with your work and sincerely hope you carry on with your art through the coming years. I had a comment on a video today (yes I do read the comments that come through, though I may not have the time to respond to them all) saying 'if you ever get married please don't stop doing this' and I literally thought 'why on earth would I do that?' It seemed the most bizarre thing in the world to me but I think some people do think that art eventually needs to give way to 'real life' and while sure we have responsibilities I hope Maedhbh that you will surround yourself with people who know it is important to you and never seize to follow your heart in your artwork as you get older =)

Do you want to join the TAT ranks??
To be featured email me or find all the details here =)

10 comments:

  1. Good for you Maedhbh for doing what makes you happy. Your art is very impressive. And just so you know, even those of us in Canada who have access to a large selection of art supplies, have to save up for a long time to afford them also. Glad this does not stop you. Keep Creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maedhbh your art is lovely and so are you! Keep working hard and I know you will make it, sweet love.

    http://star-stuff.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up Maedhbh! I even know how to say your name, LOL Anyway, you have some great stuff going, don't ever stop. For what it's worth, even those of us in the US, like Dana in Canada, have to save and scrimp for supplies sometimes, and order online because no one local carries what we'd like to have. But awesome Jennibellie can help there: she has so many videos teaching how to make cool things with almost nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your art is lovely Maedhbh ! Keep it up. I live in South Africa and we also dont have access to a large variety of art supplies and they are very expensive. However, I have found that I am far more creative when I have less to work with than I am if I have a great supply of art materials. Never give up on your art. big hug for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Maedhbh. Love your bright colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing talent!! Well done Maedhbh! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much eveyone and especially Jennibellie for giving me this chance!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a talented young girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maedbh, what a talented young lady you are! I can see so much talent exhibited in your work! My just turned 13 year old granddaughter spent the night with me recently, and I let her do a mixed media piece. She chose her own colors, theme, pictures, stamps etc, and created a darling piece of art that she framed for her room, and then went on to create another personalized piece for her best friend. I was astounded how quickly she picked it up. She even gave me a brand new idea. she wanted letter stickers but wanted them a certain color, so she had the idea of embossing them, And it WORKED! She even got her whole family to do a mixed media night, including her two brothers. Art is so important in learning how to express yourself. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely and talented young lady you are! I look forward to seeing more of your work and watching you continue to grow in your process. Thanks for sharing with us here on Jennibellies blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...