Tuesday 29 October 2013

Tell All Tuesday ~ Featured Artist: Rika Dehombreux

Hello lovelies, it is gone 10pm here and I'm battling a cold atm so I'm going to TAT-n-dash today, leaving you in the very capable hands of this weeks artist, Rika Dehombreux have fun xx

Tell us a little bit about yourself & what kind of artist you are.
Hello everyone! My name is Rika Dehombreux. I am from Belgium and I presently live in Germany with my partner Sam and my dog Lupa. I am a spiritual artist. My work is intuitively created in pencil, paint or clay after clearing my mind through meditation in order to line up with the cosmic energy of the universe. I believe that my images reflect tenderness, enchantment and happiness and echo the purity of a child's wonder. Although I realize that I am journeying with my extensive imagination, I am playing with the idea that what appears could be messages from the universe intending to encourage and console us on our often challenging path towards inner peace. That's why I call my art mystic or visionary.


What is the biggest challenge you personally face as an artist and how do you overcome it?
Creating art to me is like cocooning. It is a very personal process that comes out of the depths of my soul. Building an art career has created the necessity to showcase my art. I am a very shy person and I do not naturally seek exposure so I have found it very challenging to present myself and my work to the public. Now that I am doing just that I am happy that my art brought me this way. I enjoy meeting people and interacting with them about art and how it affects our lives.


Have you ever found anything that originally daunted you as an artist that you can now overcome easily?
I used to be terrified by artist’s block but now I see it as a period of inspiration. When I feel that I cannot create I turn to the more functional parts of the business like organizing supplies and filing and for the rest of the time I take distance from my artwork and I take a vacation of the mind. When I feel like making art during an artist’s block I do experimental work or I explore types of art making that I do not usually do, like art journaling for example. When the block is over with I feel that I have spent time gathering new ideas and getting organized.


Do you think you have achieved a uniquely recognizable style as an artist, or do you find it a struggle to find your own style?
This is a difficult question. I guess it depends on how you define “having a uniquely recognizable style”. I recognize my hand in everything I do but I like to have the freedom to be all over the place. I have a hard time restricting myself when it pertains to how I proceed, what techniques I apply, what subjects I paint, which media I use or what colors I combine. This is mainly due to the nature of the intuitive work I do and because I go along with what I feel in that particular moment. For now this feels like what I have to do. Maybe I am still in a too experimental phase of my art to stick to one well defined style or maybe I simply like to explore and reconsider my style.


Tell us where can we find out more about you & your art?
You can find me and my artwork on my website. There you will also find a link to my facebook page and my blog.

Thank you so much for being on TAT Rika, I loved hearing about your intuitive process yet at the same time your work looks very tranquil to me - nice to think that creating intuitively doesn't have to be a manic waving-hands-full-of-paint-in-the-air kind of expression but it can be a peaceful connection to ones core too. As I said I am TATing n dashing tonight so I'm gonna go get me some warm water to ease my throat and then force some smushy cuddles outta Sweepiebum (ps love your pup Rika ;) )

Do you want to be a TATTer??
To be featured email me or find all the details here =)

2 comments:

  1. I discover your blog that I like so much! adventures and very beautiful photographs of yours aquarelle, great work !
    I am amateur photographer; I was registered to follow your publications.
    Do not hesitate to visit to me over my blogs, thank you at you, have a nice day!
    Cath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cath for your nice comment! Your blog looks great! Best wishes, Rika

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...