Thursday 3 November 2011

AEDM & NaNoWriMo Day 3

Today for AEDM I have been playing around with Sennelier Oil Pastels:
I don't especially like the results but my intention was the test them out with colours mixing on the page (not smudging with fingers basically - as I have an obsession to merge everything together so it's smooth and uniform). I LOVE these pastels so much. I really do have to start planning a proper picture in mind so I will actually like the results, but I become a child when I get them in my hands and just start scribbling away until I realise I have just made a mess.

I've put them inside this art journal which I also gave a spruce up today by adding fabric and decorative tapes, a sketch and closures with elastic:
I have never enjoyed working in this journal since I made it in the Journal a Day June Challenge I set myself. I can't say why when I usually enjoy working in any & every journal & all the right elements are there - watercolour papers, patterned scrapbooking papers, vintage ephemera, envelopes and flip out pages and I made it myself, which I always feel gives a connection. I just don't like it, so I think I'm going to add the bits and pieces of playful scraps like the two oil pastel drawings until it is full up (because I simply cannot bear the idea of another journal left unfinished)

Day 2's final word count for NaNoWriMo was: 1,376, slipping a little already! Going to try to catch up on those few extra words today, otherwise I can see it going downhill ridiculously early.

Total words so far: 3044

Thanks for stopping by, Jennibellie xxx

10 comments:

  1. Your journal creations are amazing...love oil pastels and always fun to see different treatments with them! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember those words 'rules' are meant to be broken. And I'm with you about leaving unfinished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the journal spruce up, and I must commend you on doing both the writing and the art challenges for this month!! I'll be lucky if I keep up with just the art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your oil pastel drawings and I think your journal is amazing! How odd that you don't like working in that particular one...maybe you'll feel differently when it's been filled with art?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you are playfully experimenting during AEDM. It makes me... no YOU make me smile!

    If you would like to see my AEDM post, visit Here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how that journal bothers you... we all get like that... for me it is the ironing... just can't seem to get past my dislike of it and it is forever being left unfinished... probably not going to follow your lead and try to turn over a new leaf on that one though xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love playing with the pastels too...but then I just love playing with lots of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice journal work - it'll be interesting to see what else develops this month...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jenny! I stumbled onto your blog via Norah S. Love your journals, they are so pretty. I love working with oil pastels too. My set is a cheap one, but I love them. The colors are so soft.

    Your blog is lovely. I enjoyed looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a pitty you don't like working in this journal, because it looks absolutely gorgeous. But these things cannot always be explained I suppose. I also like the drawings you made a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...