Tuesday 29 November 2011

AEDM & NaNoWriMo Day 29

Today's creation for AEDM is:

A very, very quick sketch in my horrid journal with alcohol pens with paintbrush-like tips. I'm feeling pretty bad about calling it the horrid journal after the contrary comments I received yesterday. Would it get me off if I told you it's a term of endearment? Against the odds of her creator not liking her she's prevailed and is still getting finished??? No?? Well it's stuck now so that's her name lol

I did this quick sketch with the same pens after I posted yesterday, but these ones had the tips broken. As I said the tips are paintbrush like so if you press too hard they split like a brush will, but not retain the shape after. 

This one took about 3 mins, but I have to say I love the lines the broken pen causes - going from fat to thin in the same stroke. I know they're not great but these are probably all I'll have to show you for today as most important to me right now is WRITING.


Day 28's final word count for NaNoWriMo was: 4,411, which totals 43,132 (YAY! WHOOP! HORRAY! HURRAH!), meaning I have 6,868 words to complete over the next two days to win my first Nanowrimo (thats 3434 words a day - reckon I can do it? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!)


I'm sorry to my blog friends who I didn't get around to visiting yesterday, I've a feeling today and tomorrow will pretty much be the same. Completing my novel this month is very important to me so I hope you understand and I promise to visit & catch up on all your blogs after tomorrow - none of you've got rid of me just yet!!


Thanks for visiting, day 29 already can you believe it? Keep your fingers crossed for me :) x

15 comments:

  1. Indeed, your horrid journal is anything but horrid. I love seeing how it progresses! And congrats on catching up so well on the writing. You're gonna do it, no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Term of endearment? Okay then. That's different. ;) I like your wild "horrid" journal pages.

    Oh, I am pulling for you!!! I so hope you reach the 50,000 words!!! Just worry about your blog friends after you are done! We'll still be here. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful work, as always. Yup, i understand the term of endearment. :-)
    Happy AEDM Jenny! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that she's captured your heart like she has ours :)

    Don't worry about visiting us, get on with the writing. You can do it, we're all willing you on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll completely understand if you're MIA from blogland for awhile. You're so, so close to finishing NaNo! I'm amazed at all the writing you've done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think everyone needs a horrid journal. What a wonderful place of experimentation without expectation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WRITE! WRITE! WRITE! (nice sketch in the "horrid" journal) WRITE! WRITE! WRITE! We know you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your idea of a horrid journal. I imagine it takes the pressure off so you can make your gorgeous pages without the critics piping in.

    Cheering for you to make 50,000 words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can understand it as a term of endearment. Love the new pages you've done too.

    Well done on the word count for Day 28. Now, don't you worry about us, just write to your heart's content. You CAN do it!!!

    Best of luck!

    ~ Serena xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenni;
    Your journal is not horrid! It is awesome. Sometimes the faster pages end up being our best ones because they express the emotions felt at the time without a whole bunch of thought getting in the way!
    Congratulations on your novel!!!! I know you will do it! Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your writing today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're not reading this until December....

    Get back to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I call Phantom a horrid little pixie so maybe it can be a term of endearment... I will tell her that next time she complains about it... though I think the complaint is because she isn't little since she is taller than I am, but hey you have given me permission to use horrid lovingly... go write like the wind and hit that target... xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quick little sketch is sweet Jenny... and 3434 words today... I have a feeling you will do it... good luck :))

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. well if you can do that many words today I reckon you can do it!!! Well done on the word count today and good luck with finishing your novel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...