Monday 14 November 2011

AEDM & NaNoWriMo Day 14

Today's creation for AEDM is yesterdays cereal box journal turned into a handbag:

By adding an old belt, some dog collar grips and parts of a broken necklace. The dog collar grips connect the two key chain rings on the front and back covers of the journal, making it balanced as well as removable.


I'm going to call it a "clutch" when the long handle is detached lol

I also added some charms (as I never can resist).

And second is a bracelet I made after visiting my friend Sarahs blog over at Saturday Sequins, who yesterday gave some great links to artists blogs (thanks again for my shout out :) ). After having a gander I came across Crafting Rebellion, who was making some awesome half stretch/half chain bracelets. I haven't made any jewellery the whole of this year, but was inspired so went rummaging for some bits to make this:

I didn't follow exactly her instructions as I added some those loop things that you see and made it more of a centre piece for the butterfly, but I got all my materials by recycling old pieces (except for some of the chain & two headpins) so worked with what was available and I liked best. While wearing it the length of the dangle reminds me of some bracelets I used to wear a lot as a teen - those ones that drape down to lead into a ring on the middle finger.
Day 13's final word count for NaNoWriMo was: (only) 1,004, but as it was achieved at 3am this morning & considering I'm not v.well at the mo I'm actually quite pleased with that.

Totalling: 15,218, soon as I feel better I'm kicking that novels ass!

Happy two weeks in exactly to all those doing any November challenges, hugs Jennibellie x

16 comments:

  1. OMG...how CUTE! love the way this journal purse turned out! And the bracelet is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creations ~ very unique style ~thanks, namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor)

    Might you consider my Magical Monday blog hop at A Creative Harbor? thanks, carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bag, and I love the bracelet! Especially the butterfly. So cute.

    Thanks for the mention. I'm so glad you were inspired by Crafting Rebellion. It really is a great site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and unique work.
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get a LOT done every day...but girl...you're wearing me OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great! i'm amazed by all you manage to squeeze into your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny!!!! love the handbag and the jewelry!!!! wonderful work....you are really showing some great pieces !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish to your clutch journal and that bracelet is gorgeous! I love how it dangles down over your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bracelet is gorgeous! I just bought some similair ones at an artfair just couldn't resist
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out so cute--and I like the bracelet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The 'bag' came out fantastically, and I love the bracelet. I must get my beading stuff out at some point this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so fun seeing how your bag/journal has evolved. The handle is wonderful. It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the bag/journal is wonderful. the bracelet amazing! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most awesome cereal box EVER

    ReplyDelete
  15. How do you manage to get this all done while not feeling well.... seriously motivated and coming and visiting is just shaming me into keeping going... love love love the bracelet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...