Sunday 13 November 2011

AEDM & NaNoWriMo Day 13

Today's creation for AEDM is:
Made from cereal boxes, one of my favourite materials - it's free, it helps the planet and there's a million and seven things you can do with it (I'm currently working on the million and eighth!). This was a folder type book, like an accordion wallet to keep in my bag & store all those little bits of paper you scribble on and a little notebook. That's why it has chains of the side/fastening on the top to keep them all tucked in safely and a pen loop on the top so everything would be in one place when I wanted to jot down something.

It worked ok, however I didn't like it very much so I pulled it apart and made it into (my usual preference) an art journal:
 
But it won't just be an art journal, I plan on turning it into a handbag too - yep a handbag lol. Well those chains are already there so all I need is a longer one to connect them and I'll have a portable art journal with built in pen to take with me & doodle on the go - or perhaps just to take to my outdoor studio where I have supplies ready and no one but the birds & squirrels can see me sporting my new look haha
Whatever I do with it I'll post an updated pic tomorrow along with whatever else I go and make. Also linking to Sunday Sketches, where if you haven't joined before come over as they're a lovely bunch of artists that gather and share :)

Day 12's final word count for NaNoWriMo was: none. I had an evening off last night for me and mum to watch Castle as both of us felt rotten. Although like usual when we watch our programmes we stayed up till 2am to finish them - not sure that ever helps us get better any lol but it's just too tempting to hit the play button again, and again...and again. So total is still: 14,214

Happy (what's left of) Sunday :) hugs, Jennibellie

22 comments:

  1. Wow! Talk about transformations happening before my eyes--LOL! I like how she ended up, though.
    Sorry both you and your mom were feeling crummy. (I like watching Castle, too.) I hope you both feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! is right! Very creative and love your art style ~ thanks, namaste, Carol ( A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the idea that the journal will be transformed into a handbag...how fun! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow!!!! everything looks amazing!!!! Jenny!!!! wonderful work and I love the embellishments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyway you look at it...organizer, journal, purse...You Totally Rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I would never think of this and I love the creativity here! Yep I agree...You Rock! (and so do your cute illustrations!!!)

    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a notebook purse! So clever. I keep a tiny little notebook -- just store bought - in my bag because I'm always looking to write down ideas, but I'd love to do something more creative. :)

    Also, I love Castle. It's my favorite thing to watch with Mr. Sequin when his class is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is soo cool!! I like the ceral box idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, what a brilliant idea. I wouldn't never thought to create/paint on cereal boxes. I must save them as I hope to teach an art recovery class this coming spring to children.

    Thanks for joining us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea!! So creative and useful. Repurposing to the max.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is just overflowing with creativity. I LOVE the idea of a journal handbag...that would be super handy!

    Your cereal box transformation is gorgeous!

    Sorry to hear you and your Mum were feeling pretty rotten last night though. I hope watching Castle helped lift your spirits.

    ~ Serena :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree with Serena - yes, this is just bursting with so much creativity and is so inspiring! I wasn't going to do much today... but now I have an urge to pick up my pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative use of cereal boxes. Love the artwork on it, as well as the ideas.

    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty and creative and love the recycling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have inspired me to make a cereal box journal. I just wanted you to know that. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so clever and creative! Great project! Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting you for the first time from CreativeEveryday. This is explosively creative and beautiful and inspiring. Looking at work like this helps me get out of my "box!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow..so beautiful and dazzling..beautiful work!I love the transformation factor in all of your work and how you create everything with such inspiring energy..absolutely awesome! I also love the words 'fly free' ..my life theme!
    Hugs
    always joyful visiting your fabulous realm!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  19. very beautifully utilitarian. i love reading about your creative thought process...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Man just when I give up on boxed cereal and start buying the BIG economy bags.....I just may have to back to boxes again. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Notebook, journal, upcycler, purse maker... and all round creative genius... you inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally agree, cereal boxes are so useful...love your note pad...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...